NOTE: Before running the installer, be sure you have updated your Windows Operating System. The software will not install properly if Windows is not up-to-date.
- Prior to updating your software, please be sure to have your club settings and game settings written down. We're working on better ways to handle these settings so they are not lost during update, but we have seen instances of where this is happening.
- Games saved on previous versions will not be playable in version 7 and 8.
- Serial Units will not work with software versions 7.022 or newer and we do not distribute old versions of our software. Even if you are using a Serial-to-USB Adapter, it will not work.
- Version 7.025 will be the last version that we support Windows XP for.
Default Directory Download Link (66.4 MB): http://www.sakatasports.com/downloads/P3_ProGolf_Setup.exe
Custom Directory Download Link (66.4 MB): http://www.sakatasports.com/downloads/P3_VC_Setup_Moveable.exe
Version History Link: http://www.sakatasports.com/downloads/Version%20Tracking%20-%20ProGolf.pdf
Potential Installation Issues and solutions:
- If your browser is attempting to block the download, please see these instructions: https://p3proswing.freshdesk.com/solution/folders/270173
- d3dx9_30.dll not found Error or other video issues (i.e. White Screens)
- api-ms-win-crt-runtime-I1-1-0.dll missing error
Other potential Issues:
If you have issues with putts going extremely far, you should fully uninstall the old versions and reinstall this new version.
To fully uninstall the software:
- Move your Courses folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\P3 ProGolf\Courses) to a safe location (such as the desktop)
- Run the uninstall program (through Control Panel or use the unins000.exe in the installation directory).
- Delete the installation directory
- Delete Documents\P3 ProGolf
- Check for (and delete) the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\P3 ProGolf
To reset the size of your window after installing:
- Click Options
- Select Screen Settings
- On the right (under Aspect Ratio), click the 'All' box
- On the left, select the last Screen Resolution listing (you may need to scroll down)
- Click the 'OK' button and the software window should fill your screen
If upgrading from a version prior to 7.0, you will need to delete your existing players as they cause the menu bar to not appear and can also cause you to not start in the appropriate location. To delete all players:
- Open the software
- Click Options (bottom left corner)
- Select Players
- Click on the player name
- Click 'Delete Player'
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 until there are no players left
- Click 'Create Player'
- follow the prompts to create a new player.